Econic are recruiting a Technologist
Econic Technologies is a young, highly innovative, and fast growing chemical technology company. We are based in Alderley Park, Cheshire and develop and commercialise novel catalyst technologies to build CO2 into polycarbonates, polyurethanes and other polymers. Our top-class Research & Development team is currently looking for a technologist to help support the research activities within our labs and enable us to meet our process development requirements by carrying out and improving a variety of chemical syntheses of catalysts and intermediates, along with providing instrument support and helping with laboratory logistics.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; have a high level of initiative, be resourceful and self-motivated.
To provide support for the research activities and customer demands at Econic, including:
- Produce materials for ligands/catalysts at both small and large scale to scale up proven lab syntheses.
- Optimise and improve synthetic schemes for scaled synthesis.
- Perform, and analyse data from, LC-MS, NMR, IR, MS and other analytical experiments.
- Provide laboratory assistance with purifications and distillations.
- Participate in lab support activities (maintenance of stock levels for consumables and glassware within the labs, waste disposal, etc)
- Ad-hoc assistance at busy times with running experiments or samples for analysis on all in-house equipment.
- Maintenance of lab equipment; particularly equipment relating to 20L glass reactor.
- Record all work and outcomes in a clear, organised and comprehensive manner.
- Candidates require at least a 2:1 BSc in Chemistry or a closely related discipline and a minimum of one year experience working in a synthetic chemistry laboratory in a relevant research or industrial environment.
- Experience in custom synthesis of materials to order is desirable
- A working knowledge and/or experience working on large scale operating 20L reactors or similar is desirable.
- Good wet chemistry skills and knowledge of standard synthetic techniques.
- Rigorous, accurate experimentation, record keeping and data analysis.
- Flexibility to work on variety of projects and activities in evolving business.
- Good knowledge of safe lab practices and a proactive approach to lab safety.
- Basic IT skills and familiarity with MS Office suite, ChemDraw, etc.
- The ability to express ideas and results in clearly spoken and written form.
- The ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Eligibility and Expectations
- In order to qualify for this position, you will need to be authorised to live and work in the UK.
- You must have respect for others and a commitment and enthusiasm for high standards and continuous improvement.
- At Econic Technologies we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome employees who meet the requirements of the job, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or sexual orientation.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 7th July 2017.
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: no agencies please