Lead Chemical Plant Operator
Econic Technologies is currently recruiting a Chemical Plant Operator for our demonstration plant based in Chester/Runcorn area. Econic’s state of the art demonstration plant will showcase their novel catalyst technology that can convert waste carbon dioxide into high value polymers.
Econic offers a competitive salary package and a high quality of professional development with internal and external training. Furthermore, we believe in our team’s work life balance, so we only run a day shift (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday). The plant is expected to have two full time operators and one part time operator.
As the Lead Chemical Plant Operator, your duties will include:
- Working with the project engineering team to develop the right procedures.
- Running the automated reactor system.
- Operating process vessels, pumps and other process plant equipment.
- Managing the maintenance plan and organising maintenance contrators.
- Build strong, positive working relationships with team members.
- Maintain an excellent safety culture.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement by developing ideas to improve personnel safety, environmental aspects and production efficiency.
- Provide team leadership, and lead by example.
- Documentation and reporting
- Taking process samples.
- Ordering and controlling raw materials and reagents.
- Coordinating product shipments.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy, and computer literacy.
- Control room experience, and experience in manual and automated plant operations.
- Handling hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to work independently with good problem-solving skills.
- Current drivers’ license
- Please note that the job entails manual handling
The following items are not essential but would be an advantage:
- Previous experience of working on a Top Tier COMAH site.
- Chemical plant experience.
- Safety-related qualifications.
- Procedure development experience.
- University degree.
- Maintenance experience
- Have a car
The closing date for applications 10pm, Sunday 4th June 2017.
To apply for this role please send your CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: no agencies please*